We some of us have the best intentions when it comes to protecting our planet and making better choices at the market, buying green cleaning products and organic foods. However, there have been instances when even i ( yes i said it) considered buying chlorine bleach just for those specific instances when i needed my whites, whiter and not dingy. Instead of giving up and buying the unhealthy stuff, I did some research and found a recipe that actually work well and can be used on just about all fabrics.
The recipe is as follows:
1 bottle hydrogen peroxide
2 quarts of water
1/4 cup of lemon juice for whitening power
Why This Works
The citric acid in lemons acts as a natural stain remover, bleach and sanitizer.
Benefits of Using Lemon as a Bleach:
* gentle on clothes and surfaces
* natural sanitizer
* effective whitener/ stain remover
* kid and pet-safe
1. Use your homemade non-chlorine bleach just as you would a store-bought product.
2. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil, such as lavender, ylang ylang or summer rain to your non-chlorine bleach to give it a scent that you love.
3. Your homemade non-chlorine bleach is safe to use on whites and colored clothes.
Using environmentally friendly products is good for you, your family and our environment and will reduce contamination of groundwater supply.
Do you have any other eco friendly laundry tips?? Please share them with us in the comments!!